Oxfam Hong Kong is a member of Oxfam International and an independent development and relief agency based in Hong Kong working with poor and disadvantaged people in Asia and Africa. We are recruiting the following member to join us in our anti-poverty work:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer --China Unit
Based in Mainland (Kun Ming or Lan Zhou) , 3-year contract
We are looking for one appointed M&E Officer, who is responsible for
- ensuring the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation work across program, communication, research and advocacy work of the China Unit;
- the development and updating of the program monitoring and evaluation framework, approaches, methodologies and relevant guidelines for our program, communication, research and advocacy work;
- the liaison with partners and other allies in planning, implementing and assessing monitoring and evaluation, keep up-to-date with relevant developments of monitoring and evaluation in the field of program, communication, research and advocacy with emphasis on assessment of impact and network with relevant individuals, organizations and institutions.
- the organization of relevant capacity-building events/process vis-à-vis partners as well as China Unit staff, ensure feeding into learning and accountability and assist in communicating results and impact.
- reporting to the China Unit Director and working with team leaders of China Units and other M&E colleagues of other Units of OHK;
- A recognized degree with 3+ years of solid work experience in participatory and rights-based development programs and projects.
- Hands-on experience in participatory approaches to planning, monitoring and assessment of development program and projects, especially assessment of impact
- Experience in providing capacity-building and advisory support to program officers and partners in monitoring and evaluation
- Able to travel intensively and work in project sites in remote areas of China.
- Excellence in spoken and written Chinese, excellent communication and presentation skills; fluency in oral and written English is desirable
- Excellent administrative skills, self-initiator but able to work in a team
- A commitment to Oxfam’s approach to development
Expatriate package will be provided for the position
Closing date for applications: August 20, 2007
Please mail your application, with a CV indicated the expected salary and available date to [email protected]. (Applicants who are not invited for interview within one month after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.) In your email, also please indicate the position you are applying for.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.
More information about our organization is available at our websites: http://www.oxfam.org.cn；http://chinainfo.oxfam.org.hk; http://www.oxfam.org.hk